Sizing a mainspring

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Sizing a mainspring

Postby kybill2011 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:29 am

Hi guys. Been a few days since I been on the forum. The wife has been keeping me busy with honey do's getting things ready for our daughters graduation party. Glad that is over with. I have not started putting the watch back together yet, still waiting for a couple of things in the mail. Question, my watch is an Illinois 15 jewel, 16s, made in 1914. I found a placed to determine the year but can not find where or how to deteremine what model it is. I am waiting for a caliper to measure the mainspring because when I look them up there are several for the 16s. Any helpful tips?
kybill2011

Re: Sizing a mainspring

Postby Bob Tascione » Sun May 20, 2012 9:44 am

Hi KyBill,
There are a couple of good books available to help identify American movements. The one I use most is "The Illustrated Manual of American Watch Movements" by Swigart Co." I might be able to help identify it for you if you post a pic up here. Also the serial number may help. You put a pic of it in another post but that was the dial side only.
We may be able to nail down which mainspring you will need.
Bob
Bob Tascione

Return to General Discussion Forum