[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Bushings

Bushings

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Bushings

Postby twoess » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Hey, guys. Got a question. On a Modern type Cuckoo Clock Movement, about 15 years old approx. Do you put in Bushings if needed. I've heard other's say that they can run a little loose without problems. What do you guys think. I've noticed in some of the holes they are hard to get into to bush.
twoess

Re: Bushings

Postby Arutha » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:47 am

Thats a tricky one to answer without knowing exactly how loose the pivots are in the holes, you are quite correct in saying there can be a bit of play. Does the clock still have the wood plates with the split type brass bushings? If they seem quite loose it will not do any harm to replace them, better to do it now while the clock is apart than put it back together and find things are binding because there is too much play.
Arutha

Postby willofiam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 am

Hi twoess, I agree with Paul :) , when I first started in repairing clocks I bought a old coo-coo clock works and used that as practice for COMPLETE disassembley, which of coarse can be daunting :shock: but helps increase knowledge and allows you to properly bush or whatever. Is this the same clock you posted about the strike problem???? William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby twoess » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:00 pm

They are a little Sloppy. Three are a little more than that, They are quite a bit oval. I will replace I think. Better safe than sorry. No this is a different clock that came in after the one I posted before. Do you guy's find you generally have to replace quite a few bushings in Clocks, not just cuckoo's. I replace usually if they are getting oval any. But heard cuckoo's have a little more leniency, so wanted to check what you guy's thought.
twoess

Postby willofiam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby twoess » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:50 pm

That helped me alot. I want to do the best job I can, and hold my craftsmaship to the highest level. Especially when working on a customers clock. I will definately hold each and every clock to the same tolerences. Even if Cuckoos can be a little more loose. Like you said it's better than having to redo, and also having an unhappy customer.
twoess

Return to General Discussion Forum