Hermle 451

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Re: Hermle 451

Postby Don1954 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:46 am

Thanks Will, that is one thing i do have and that is patience. Before i got sick and disabled i owned a vacuum truck company that i turned over to my wife and she is running it now. Being a truck driver and trying to deal with six lanes of traffic in a semi truck useing the whole six lanes to back into some of the customers locations really builds patience lol.

Anyway guys guess what, Bob you mentioned maybe a gear was out of place and i was laying in bed thinking about that and low and behold i remmbered that i took a gear out of that old Hermle i have and replaced one in this clock because the pivot was worn pretty bad.
why i didnt remember that is beond me guess im getting old lol.I got up at 3:30this morning because it was on my mind so much and i could'nt sleep. I could'nt remember exactly whitch one i replace so i looked in the parts try on my bench and found the old one. I tore down the movement and it is the one just below the escape wheel.
I counted the teeth and the one i replaced has 56 teeth and the old one has 60 teeth.
Dang guys with your help i think we got it. Now i have to figure out what that gear is called and order a new one shalf and all. can you help with what i should look up and order ill try to find it in TimeSaver, i have an acount with them.
Thanks guys its been fun
Don1954

Postby willofiam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:44 am

THAT IS WONDERFUL Don, I had a dream last night that I was looking into your movement and seeing something, but when I woke up this morning I could not figure out what it was about. welllllll I guess it had to do with a gear in there. good job!!!!! 8-) Thank you I learned a little more, William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Don1954 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 am

Hey guys,
I posted a reply early this morning but i dont know where it went i must have screwed up somewhere lol

Any ways ill try again, Thanks Will, yes im getting lots of patience lol. I dont feel to bad this morning hoping the weekend will be better though i am hurting alot i need to rest but this clock has got me wound up.
Bob i thought about what you said on the gears may have got switch and woke up in the night remembering that i did change the gear just bellow the escape wheel.
Its the gear that runs the escape wheel. The pivot was worn allmost through so i took the one out of that other Hermel i have.
I remember looking at it and it looked the same but i didnt count the teeth.
That old hermle i have for parts is a 85cm. I counted the teeth this morning and the one i took out of the one im fixing had 60 teeth and the one i put in my movement from the parts movement has 56 man do i feel like an idiot.
With your help guys i think we have figured this out.
Now can you help me with the name of this wheel i have been looking in Time saver and black forest and cant find it. I want to get a 60 tooth gear with the shalft also.
Thanks again guys
Don1954

Postby Don1954 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 am

See i am going nuts my post was in here lol but i still cant find that gear i dont know what its called
Don1954

Postby Bob Tascione » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am

Yahoooooo!! Congratulations Don!,
Is that the 4th wheel? Count the center wheel as the second wheel and move up from there.
Good to hear you figured it out. Tough but interesting and fun thread.
Hope you're feeling better soon,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Previous

Return to General Discussion Forum