[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Bergeon Bushing Machine

Bergeon Bushing Machine

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Bergeon Bushing Machine

Postby Doug S » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:52 am

Hi,
Can anyone tell me about this Bushing machine whether or not you recommend it. I have seen it on eBay for about half price of other Bergeon Machines. It looks like the plate is held down by three magnets which seems like it would be difficult to line and center the bush hole.

Thank you,
Attachments
Bushing Machine II.jpeg
Bushing Machine II.jpeg (164.29 KiB) Viewed 7046 times
Bushing Machine.jpeg
Bushing Machine.jpeg (61.09 KiB) Viewed 7046 times
Doug S

Re: Bergeon Bushing Machine

Postby blondfellow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi Doug, I agree it would be hard to centre the plate, also I would not like to have magnets next to the movement
blondfellow

Postby Doug S » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Okay, thank you for your reply. It is half price for a reason.
Doug S

Postby Chris Mabbott » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen, now I must insist that for some, Bergeon can do no wrong, it is, after all, the toolmakers version of the Vatican :lol:

I personally have no idea about this machine, but I must concede to the comment.... Magnets baaad, :o
There are a few threads on the forum, some of which I tried to find, but the search refuses to comply due the vast amount of references to the word bushing, even though I used the advanced search..

Our very own Bernie has posted his machine, if you can find the thread, this should provide you with an example of what to look for...
Chris Mabbott

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:14 am

I am not so sure it would be magnets as how would you hold brass plates? I think those would be studs with screws in them to hold the plates. I have the Elma machine and it is the caddy of bushing machines IMHO. It is not cheap but it will last you a lifetime. I have had mine over 30 yrs and still in excellent shape. It uses KWM bushings and has a wooden base that holds over a 1000 bushings. Here is mine.

The base was $155 and the cutters, pushers, and stumps were another $200 and the tool is $1299.
Attachments
Bushing  Tool 3.jpg
Bushing Tool 3.jpg (34.64 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby Chris Mabbott » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:15 am

That's the one Bernie, thanks for reposting.. Is that base new, I don't remember it from before, it's a nice addition..

Hey Bernie, I thought you said that due to age, you sometimes forget things, well, you kinda got us on the magnet versus brass plates :lol: now I feel ....duh :roll:
Chris Mabbott

Postby willofiam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:49 am

If you search "bergeon bushing machine" or "KWM bushing machine" the top post matches are first in the list. William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Chris Mabbott » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Chris Mabbott

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:36 pm

:lol: I told my wife the other day my steel trap mind was getting slightly rusty. She said, "yes of course it is but it always bounces back when it is convenient." :lol: :lol:
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby jim1228 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Hey Doug,
That plate on that Bergeon bushing machine looks to be modified by someone. It looks as though someone was trying to be clever and I doubt those are magnets, like Bernie said brass is not magnetic.
Jim
jim1228

Postby Bob Tascione » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi Guys,
The three posts you see in the pic are strong magnetic clamps. The clamping of the plate is done mechanically at the top of the clamps and can be moved anywhere on that steel base plate and are held magnetically to the plate. Haven't used one so not sure how good they are.

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby digitaltripper » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:17 pm

digitaltripper

Return to General Discussion Forum