Replacing watch crystals

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Replacing watch crystals

Postby kybill2011 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello everyone, Bill here. I don't have any books yet and the watch videos don't cover this but can anyone give me the basic instruction on how to remove and replace a watch crystal. I have seen where some are pressed on and I thought I saw somewhere they were glued in. Any basic info would help.

Thanks, Bill
kybill2011

Re: Replacing watch crystals

Postby kybill2011 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks anyways, I did a google search and found some information that will help me.
kybill2011

Postby Randy » Sat May 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Bill,..if you are struggling with this at all..please share some more detail and we'll help.
Many crystals for vintage watches are simply pressed in, with a good snug friction fit.
Some you can put in by hand,..some go better with a press.

This of course applies mostly to acrylic / plastic crystals.

Glass is a whole other "sport" if you will,. but it can be done with a bit of knowledge

Best of luck,....

Randy
Randy

Postby kybill2011 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks Randy,

The watch I am Working on did not have a crystal when I got It. I am going to have to figure what type of crystal came out of it. After taking the watch apart that is the least of my concerns right now. I am getting ready to post a new topic for some. I'll get back to this post later. Thanks.
kybill2011

Return to General Discussion Forum