[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - disciple_dan Shop

disciple_dan Shop

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

disciple_dan Shop

Postby disciple_dan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Hey, Danny here. Just thought I'd show you guys my shop. I'm just getting started but I think I do some good work with this setup. now I just need some experience.
20161003_171601.jpg
20161003_171601.jpg (667.21 KiB) Viewed 8838 times
20161003_171420.jpg
20161003_171420.jpg (401.96 KiB) Viewed 8838 times
Attachments
20161003_171652.jpg
20161003_171652.jpg (626.52 KiB) Viewed 8838 times
Thanks, and be blessed, Danny
disciple_dan

Re: disciple_dan Shop

Postby willofiam » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:42 am

Hey Danny, great looking work space, love the dryer box :D I also like the stainless bench, I have debated about that idea...how do you like it? I see the ollie baker mainspring winder, I have the same and use it all the time...Keep up the good work and study, be patient...your getting there ;) William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Looking good Dan. Nice setup.
I really like that stainless bench too.
I don't know if it's my laptop or not but can't see the entire lathe. Curious what you have there?

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Arutha » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:57 pm

What a great start you have made, keep up the good work :)
Paul.
Arutha

Postby disciple_dan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks, guys. I think it's a pretty good start. I really need some school and most of all experience. Anybody can get some tools and say they are a mechanic but when somebody brings a car in, the truth will be revealed.
My dad ask me once, You know what they call the guy that got the highest possible score on his medical examine? I sad, what? A doctor he says. Then he ask, you know what they call the guy that got the lowest passing score on his medical examine? What? He says, A doctor.
I've have all of the equipment but, I'm not a clockmaker yet, I hope to be. I'm not even a good clock repairer yet but, I will be. Thank you all for your encouragement and helpful comments. It keeps me at the bench knowing that each one of you had a first clock and now you are clockmakers.
The bench is nice. I got it from a man that I was cleaning out his garage. I traded out some work it. about 100.00. It has some outlets mounted on it too and you just plug it into the wall socket.
Bob, here are some pics of my Lathe. It's a Grizzly G8688 7x12. I got the quick change tool past from Little Machine Shop. I also have the quick release tail stock lock but I don't have it installed yet. The drill chuck was an add-on to the G8688 package.
I understand that set-up takes a little longer with this type lathe. Once I learn how to operate it, I think I will be able to do a little more with it than what the Jewelers lathe will do. It also came with a set of gears for making screws.
It's never even been turned on. I'm afraid of it. I've never worked with a lathe before. Soon, I'll study your Learn to Turn videos and give it a try. This is so different from the Jewelers lathe though. I hope I can find instruction on a similar lathe. I'm not even sure which tools to cut with and the speed and things like that. I've got so much to learn. I'm overwhelmed.
Here are the pics. Thanks everybody for your kind help, Danny.
Attachments
20161013_171229.jpg
20161013_171229.jpg (655.84 KiB) Viewed 8795 times
20161013_171155.jpg
20161013_171155.jpg (398.91 KiB) Viewed 8795 times
disciple_dan

Postby disciple_dan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:57 am

Hey, fellers. Check out this beautiful clock a friend picked up for me at a Trinket shop for 3.00. It's Swiss made and has 7 Jewels. It's in very good condition but missing a few parts and needs to be cleaned. Can I do that without taking it apart? I'm not near ready for that!
Anybody have an idea where to begin to look for parts? It's missing both winding keys. The post of the movement is about 1/8" and the I can tell has 9 threads and is left hand thread. The music box is 5/64 th. long and has 6 threads. Right hand. Both are 90th" in Dia.
I would imagine just finding some junk alarm clocks would be my best bet.
Anybody got an Idea?
Thanks, Danny
Attachments
20161029_122550.jpg
20161029_122550.jpg (305.78 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
20161029_122409.jpg
20161029_122409.jpg (736.95 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
20161029_122351.jpg
20161029_122351.jpg (816.95 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
disciple_dan

Postby Arutha » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Hey Danny,
you are better off asking those sorts of questions on the main board as it gets a lot more views. You can buy job lots of winding keys and hand setting knobs on ebay. You will build up a collection of them eventually :)
Paul.
Arutha

Return to Member Shop Pics.