[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Torsion’s shed

Torsion’s shed

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

Torsion’s shed

Postby Torsion » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 am

I thought I would post pictures of my shed ( sorry workshop) but it’s really a shed, I have been restoring torsion clocks for a few years but I am fed up with trying to find missing screws and other parts, so I recently purchased a watchmakers lathe but it was run by a sewing machine motor with a pedal but I had a lot of problems with belt slip and as I got a dodgy leg I struggled to control the speed, so after doing some research I decided on a Multifix M80 reversible motor, little did I know how rare they are but eventually I found one in Germany, the seller said it was in first class condition as it had only been running a honey pump so I purchased it, when it turned up guess what the bearings had gone Got in touch with the seller he didn’t want to know he just said send it back but the cost of sending it back was almost as much as the cost of repair so I had it repaired, just got it back yesterday very quiet now, sent seller pictures of the old removed bearings Just to prove to him that I was telling the truth and he said he would pay half the cost although he hasn’t yet, when it was in the shop getting new bearings I asked the chap to put the cradle on backwards because as you can see from the pictures I am left handed so the switch would have been on the back, just waiting for local engineering company to make the pulley and I will be up and running again .
The main reason for buying the course was for the lathe course ( very good so far )
Dell
61FCB81A-02E5-4186-911A-B74DA6794B1F.jpeg
61FCB81A-02E5-4186-911A-B74DA6794B1F.jpeg (383.9 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
C30467AB-F53A-418B-A12C-B51CFFA038BA.jpeg
C30467AB-F53A-418B-A12C-B51CFFA038BA.jpeg (390.45 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
7DF86CF5-2E01-412A-B7D1-064E2772AEDC.jpeg
7DF86CF5-2E01-412A-B7D1-064E2772AEDC.jpeg (620.03 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
Old man but still learning
Torsion

Re: Torsion’s shed

Postby Torsion » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:45 am

For some reason the last picture was chopped in half
65945F7F-DEB2-4D4E-BF94-1295CAA41728.jpeg
65945F7F-DEB2-4D4E-BF94-1295CAA41728.jpeg (349.65 KiB) Viewed 4391 times
Old man but still learning
Torsion

Postby Retired and Bored » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:02 am

There's something very inspiring and uplifting seeing other peoples shop and tools!
I really like that lathe motor you setup there and also the enclosure that the lathe is mounted on. Good idea that might solve a problem for me.
Thanks for the pictures Dell! George Howard
Retired and Bored

Postby brianw » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:18 am

Very nice. I reckon it is a workshop, sheds are made of wood.
That motor looks excellent.
brianw

Return to Member Shop Pics.