[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Machine vise...

Machine vise...

Have a good repair tip for the rest of us? Please post it here.

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Machine vise...

Postby tmac1956 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:09 pm

All:

I mounted my vise on a 1" thick piece of steel so that I didn't have to anchor it to any table. Additionally, I can simply remove it if I need to use it on it's side. The 1" piece of steel if heavy enough to hold it in place for most tasks.

Here's a few pics..
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG (61.63 KiB) Viewed 4270 times

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG (63.58 KiB) Viewed 4270 times

Thanks,
Tom
tmac1956

Re: Machine vise...

Postby Bob Tascione » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Hey Tom that's a good idea!
Those mounted vises can sure get in the way at times. They always seem to take up valuable bench corner real estate.
Thanks,

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:48 pm

Tom great idea. I just bought a new Stanley clamp on bench vise I like a lot. Swivels and truns 360*. Like Bob said it does take up real estate on the bench.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby Arutha » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:46 am

That is a great idea Tom!
I have a small watchmakers vice which you can remove from the base if it gets in the way but even then sometimes you knock your arm on the base so its still not an ideal solution :(

I have looked closely at the bergeon vice, as far as I can tell it comes from the same factory so you will be paying an extra £150 for the nice yellow box it comes in :shock:
Arutha

Postby brianw » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:26 pm

I have a woodworking workshop and when I need to do some metalwork I use a small metalworking vice which is screwed to a block of wood. I put the block of wood into my woodworking vice, and hey presto, my woodworking vice is converted to metalworking. Very useful.
brianw

Return to Hints, Tips and Tricks