[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - another way of getting roller jewel into roller

another way of getting roller jewel into roller

Have a good repair tip for the rest of us? Please post it here.

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

another way of getting roller jewel into roller

Postby sgoodstal » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:13 pm

I always seem to get that sick feeling every time I start to put a roller jewel into the table, but after many lost jewels I have found by placing your roller table into a combination tool with the D slot pointing out of the fingers and laying the jewel flat side down on your bench mat you press your roller table down slightly into the mat, even with the jewel and using a large needle just push the jewel and it goes right in. Give it a try works every time for me
sgoodstal

Re: another way of getting roller jewel into roller

Postby willofiam » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:27 pm

great idea, what kind of mat? do you think using rodico in the same fashion would work? William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby sgoodstal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm

William I use a thin mat on my bench like the one you would line the bottom of a tool box with. I bought mine at harbor freight. I don't know if radico would work because you need the small amount of flex the mat gives and the jewel slide on it very easy. I have a flat mat not the one with the cress cross pattern.
sgoodstal

Postby sgoodstal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 pm

just to add I always remove the roller from the staff
sgoodstal

Postby david pierce » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:51 am

On Youtube there is a video of Mark Lovick repairing a loose roller jewel. He has put together a series of excellent watch repair videos called THE WATCH REPAIR CHANNEL.
david pierce

Postby Arutha » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:55 am

the video as suggested by David. This guy is good :)
Arutha

Return to Hints, Tips and Tricks