[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Making multi tooth cutters - Part 4

Making multi tooth cutters - Part 4

The Clock 'Making' Forum is dedicated to clock parts fabrication and clock building techniques. All members are welcome and encouraged to share their related projects, ideas, comments and questions. Please use the "General Forum" for all repair questions or other topics not related to the actual making of parts.

All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Making multi tooth cutters - Part 4

Postby willofiam » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey guys, just too excited about getting this next video up. This one should tie together parts 1, 2, and 3. On the Schaublin 70 I show 2 different cross slides I have used and explain why I use one over the other for cutting the blanks, though either style works well I happened to have the choice. Using the form tool along with the sine bar attachment I made, this video will show how I set it up and cut the blank. My biggest issue was having some light chatter while cutting. I think it came from using the form tool once before I shot this and it was a bit dull. It seems that it may require and new sharpening for each blank, then again it may be that when I do finally build a clock almost all the wheel and pinion tooth/leaf forms would be different anyway, have to wait and see how the design goes.
Working on part 5 where I will set up on the milling machine and cut out the teeth on the cutter, hope you guys are enjoying these, let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts on the process.
Have a great day, William
Don't forget to check out http://LearnTimeOnline.com

BACK TO FORUM INDEX PAGE: http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/index.php

BACK TO FORUM INDEX PAGE: http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/index.php
willofiam

Re: Making multi tooth cutters

Postby gerene » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:34 am

William,

I really enjoyed watching this video and look forward to see part 5. I was out of town for the last two weeks and did not have a good internet connection. Keep those video's comming!

Thanks,

Jan
gerene

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 am

Great video's William. Keep them coming.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby OldManTime » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:34 am

Hello William
I was not aware that you had posted additional video here.
I have a doctors appointment but will watch all of them as soon as I return. If I return! :lol:
Thanks!Peter
OldManTime

Re: Making multi tooth cutters - Part 4

Postby willofiam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 am

Hey Peter, you brought up a good point. I was wondering if the new posts were being seen. I changed the layout so now everyone can see the new parts as we get them done. Have a great day, William
willofiam

Return to NEW!!! The CLOCKMAKERS Forum - Designing, Building & Parts Fabrication