clock oiler

The Clock 'Making' Forum is dedicated to clock parts fabrication and clock building techniques. All members are welcome and encouraged to share their related projects, ideas, comments and questions. Please use the "General Forum" for all repair questions or other topics not related to the actual making of parts.

All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

clock oiler

Postby timsebrell » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:24 am

Hey Guys,
This is my latest project. So what i had is the cheaper 4 pod oiler set from ebay. It has the plastic pod and the pens or needles are right behind them. Well i noticed that usually I have
something in my right hand and need to get the needle and oil with my left. Which is impossible to do with one hand. So i watched the clock video again and noticed Bob using the flip top
pods. So i ordered one of those sets. That solved taking the tops of the pods. But i still needed to get the oiling needle. So I took the new pods and inlaid them in to a piece of brass. Then
i took brass ball bearings and drilled a #21 drill hole in them. That would be for a 10-32 tap if i needed it later on. I then glued the brass bearing into a recess in back of each pod. I did this with a 1/2 dia ball mill. Then glued the caps into the drilled hole. Now i can flip open the pod and pull the oiling needles out of the cap.. Works like a charm.
Attachments
oiler.jpg
oiler.jpg (51.52 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
timsebrell

Re: clock oiler

Postby Droider » Wed May 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Great idea!!!
Droider

Return to NEW!!! The CLOCKMAKERS Forum - Designing, Building & Parts Fabrication